Ascents Alpamayo 5947 m.
The Alpamayo was named “the most beautiful mountain in the world” at a photograph competition which took place at Munich in 1966. Since then it has become the aim of numerous alpinists, with its perfect pyramid of snow and ice which attracts people. It is a climb in ice gullies which lead up to the summit with slopes of 55 to 60°.
It is necessary to be well acclimatized and to have already experienced climbing in ice gullies. There are 400m of cliffs to climb.
- Duration: 6-7 days
- Difficulty: AD+
June, July and August
- Private transfer from airport to Lima Hotel and back
- Hotel nights in Lima
- Hotel *** nights in Huaraz or Marcara lodge, double occupancy with breakfast
- Meals as indicated: B, L, D = breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Mountain guide UIAGM –english speaking and personal cook.
- Donkeys & Donkey drivers (amount depends on the group size)
- Vegetarian options are available) ask for more information or if you have special dietary needs.
- All food during the expedition (good, healthy and varied food.
- Private transport to/from Trail Heads to start/end each / trek.
- All cooking equipment, social tent, bathroom tent, foldable chairs, etc.
- Sleeping tents (4 season tents like Mountain Hardwear) depending on the necessity of the tour.
- Entrance fee National Park Huascaran.
- Additional beverages or meals in villages
- Meals in Lima and Huaraz (other than what is indicated).
- Tips for staff.
- International Flight IN-OUT of Perú.
- Unplanned return or aborted climb/trek otherwise as planned itinerary: transport & possible accommodation costs (also for staff)
- Personal mountain equipment & sleeping bag.
- Medical or traveler's insurance. Costs as a result of an emergency rescue.
- Expenses for abandoning the expedition.